What do you do for stress?
The holidays are fast approaching. This is one of the most stressful times of the year. This time of year aims to keep everyone happy; however, we tend to forget about
ourselves. As Massage Therapists know, a relaxing Therapeutic Massage should be the answer; however, sometimes, there is not enough time in the day, week, or even month. Not to mention the financial side of this. So, I am listing 10 things that I found on WebMD that you can do to help relieve your stress.
1. Keep a positive attitude. Remember, some events will happen that you cannot control.
2. Try to practice relaxation techniques like Meditation, Yoga, or Tai-Chi.
3. Find a little time to exercise or take a walk around the block.
4. Eat healthy – well-balanced meals.
5. Make a list to help manage your time.
6. Don’t be afraid to say NO. Some requests from others can increase your stress.
7. Try to make time for hobbies and interests. You need downtime/relaxation time.
8. Be sure to get enough sleep. Your body needs time to recover.
9. Spend time with your support system -friends, relatives, those you enjoy being around.
10. And if you have time, stop by Sweet Serenity Massage & Salt Therapy for a little “ME” time.
Yes, number 10 was not on WebMD; but the other thoughts might get you through the holidays. We at Sweet Serenity Massage & Salt Therapy hope you have a wonderful holiday season and that you stop in to see us soon.