The holidays are fast approaching. This is one of the most stressful times of the year. Our goal this time of year is to keep everyone happy, however we tend to forget about
ourselves. We as Massage Therapists know that a relaxing therapeutic Massage should be the answer, however, sometimes there is just not enough time in the day, week, or even month. Not to mention the financial side of this. So, I am listing 10 things that I found on WebMD that you can do for yourself to help relieve your stress.
1. Keep a positive attitude. Remember there are events that will happen that you just cannot control.
2. Try to practice relaxation techniques like Meditation, Yoga, or Tai-Chi.
3. Find a little time to exercise or just take a walk around the block.
4. Eat healthy – well balanced meals.
5. Make a list to help manage your time.
6. Don’t be afraid to say NO. Some requests from others can just increase your stress.
7. Try to make time for hobbies and interests. You need down time/relaxation time.
8. Be sure to get enough sleep. Your body needs time to recover.
9. Spend time with your support system -friends, relatives, those you enjoy being around.
10. And if you have time stop by Sweet Serenity Massage & Salt Therapy for a little “ME” time.
Yes, number 10 was not on WebMD; but the other thoughts might just get you through the holidays. We at Sweet Serenity Massage & Salt Therapy hope you have a wonderful holiday season and that you stop in to see us soon.